Tuesday, August 21

Barber Racing

Contributed by J Brinkerhoff


I took this shot at my home away from home at Barber Motorsports. I took over a hundred shots of motorcycles at many different locations at barbers. This was one of my favorites that I took. The picture quality is very crisp, the background is blurred giving all the focus to the motorist and allowing for a sense of motion. There are many different crops that could happen for this photo, but my favorite is probably this one. I lowered the shutter speed on the photo to get this blur. Tell me what you think!!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

well brinkerhoff...i typically do not like the racing type of pictures involving cars and blah. more then often i find these shots boring, ALTHOUGH, i do enjoy the subject in this picture for its vividness. also i like the blue spot with the angry face. As far as the background goes its pretty bland, but is helped by motion...overall it's a pretty good shot.

laura jett said...

i think lowering the shutter speed was perfect. it really makes the subject stand out. it definitely looks FAST.

Unknown said...

i like the motion in this picture and the placement of the motorcycle in the picture

Mr. Myers said...

Great shot Josh. I like your racing images and you are getting good at capturing them. Did you pan the camera as you took this? I like the sharpness of the biker as opposed to his background. It really shows the speed he is traveling.

Anonymous said...

i like how you stopped the motion of the motorcycle and how the background is all blurred together. there isnt anything distracting about it either. good job!